By William Hurty • Difficulty: Moderate
If your battery is dead, damaged, or simply dies too quickly then use this guide to replace it. Be cautious as to not damage the ribbon cable or to puncture the battery.
- Place the watch screen-down so that its back cover is showing.
- Remove the four 4.2mm screws with a Y00 screwdriver.
- Wedge the metal spudger in between the back cover and the frame along the seam.
- Use force to pry the back cover away from the main watch frame.
- Detach the three connectors on the motherboard using your fingernail.
- Separate the motherboard and front screen assembly using a spudger.
- Using a JIS #00 screwdriver, remove the two 4.5 mm screws.
- Disconnect the battery ribbon cable from bracket.
- Separate the chassis from the motherboard.
- Separate the battery from the motherboard.
To reassemble your device, follow these instructions in reverse order.