By Sam Lionheart • Difficulty: Easy
Use this guide to remove, replace or upgrade the RAM in your iMac Intel 27" Retina 5K Display.
- While holding the display steady, use the flat end of a spudger to press in on the RAM door release button, located just above the power port.
- Pull the RAM access door off the back of the iMac.
- Use your thumbs or index fingers to unlock the tray by pushing the tabs outward, away from the RAM.
- Pull the tabs out and down, swinging the RAM tray down to a near-horizontal position.
- Remove a stick of RAM by grabbing it with two hands and pulling straight out of the RAM tray.
- To install a new module, insert the module into the desired slot in the tray and press it firmly in place. Push the tray back up until it locks in place.
- Re-insert the RAM access door back into its place.