By Michael Degnan • Difficulty: Moderate
- There are no proprietary screws.
- The OnePlus 5’s display is held on by easy to dispatch reusable plastic clips.
- Most components such as the cameras and USBC/headphone jack flex cable are modular and easy to access.
- The battery has a pull tab making removal easy, but the motherboard must be removed to access it.
- The display and glass are fused and the home button is integrated into the display assembly making repair of all three of these parts more complicated and expensive.